Seven Ways to Be Kind to Animals
We all know that we should be kind, caring, loving and responsible when it comes to pets and animals and there are so many ways to do this. With ‘Be Kind to Animals’ week coming up May 4-10, the ASPCA has a little list of seven specific ways that you can be kind to animals;
Here are seven ways to be kind to animals:
- Report animal abuse. Violence against animals is terrible enough, but it could also be a sign that other violent behavior, like domestic abuse, is happening.
- Speak out for animals. Get active in local animal welfare policies and legislation. Sign up with us to receive timely action alerts about issues affecting animals. You’ll be able to make a difference for animals with just the click of your mouse.
- Kindness starts at home. Teach the people in your life, especially children, about the importance of treating animals humanely.
- Adopt a pet from a shelter or breed-specific rescue. About 8 to 12 million animals enter shelters every year, and more than half of these pets will have to be euthanized because of a lack of homes. Want a purebred Labrador? Check with your local shelter first — they take in mutts and purebreds.
- Help solve the tragedy of euthanasia of adoptable animals by not contributing to the problem. If you have pets, make sure they are spayed or neutered.
- Make a donation to your local animal shelter. A donation can be your time, money or needed items like pet food or laundry detergent. Call them first and see what they need.
- Be a responsible pet guardian. Pets should be microchipped and should always wear a collar with an ID tag, so they can be reunited with you quickly if they are ever lost. And take your pet to the veterinarian every year for vaccinations and a health check.
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!