Have you ever wondered what your life would be like without your furry canine family member or members?
Well, here’s a few points to ponder….
If I didn’t have dogs….
- I could walk around safely barefoot in the dark;
- My house could be carpeted instead of tiled and laminated;
- All flat surfaces, clothing, furniture and cars would be free of dog hair;
- When the doorbell rang, it wouldn’t sound like the SPCA kennels;
- When the doorbell rang, I could get to the door without wading through several dog bodies who beat beat me there;
- I could sit how I wanted to on the couch without taking into consideration where several furbodies would need to get;
- Actually, I would be able to sit on the couch instead of completely relinquishing it for the dogs;
- I would not have strange presents under my tree…. like dog bones, stuffed animals and have to answer to people why I wrap them up or have so many stocking hanging with names that don’t belong to human family members;
- I would not be on a first name basis with a vet;
- Most used words in my vocabulary would not be: potty, outside, sit, down, come, no, and leave him/her ALONE;
- My house would not be cordoned off into zones with baby gates;
- My purse would not contain things like poop pick up bags and dog treats;
- I would no longer have to spell the words B-A-L-L, T-R-E-A-T-S, O-U-T-S-I-D-E, and F-R-I-S-B-E-E;
- I would not buy weird things to stuff into ‘kongs’ or have to explain why I’m buying them, or what a “kong” is;
- I would not have as many leaves and grass clippings INSIDE my house as outside;
- I wouldn’t have “paw print decor” during the muddy season;
- I would not look strangely at people who think having their ONE dog ties them down too much;
- I would not have to answer the question :why do I have so many dogs” from people who will never have the joy in their life of knowing they are loved unconditionally by something as close to an angel as they will ever get.
Who else has a friend who considers you the MOST important thing in the whole wide world all the time?
Dog – The only creature on Earth that love you more than himself!
As I sit here writing this, my boy, Bruti, is pressed up against my leg, snorting and grunting to get my attention. He will not be denied his pets and cuddles… I wouldn’t change it for the world!!
Do you have any that you could add to the list? 🙂