See Spot… Surf? Check it out! Video & Event
Hang ten… err, twenty pooches!! Catch a wave and ride it in!!
This great video is from 2007 Loews Coronado Bay Resort 2nd Surf Dog Competition. Do you have a surfing dog? Want to get in on the competition?
See Spot surf at the Loews Coronado Bay Resort Surf Dog Competition on June 28, 2008 in Imperial Beach, Calif. – the nation’s largest surfing competition for man’s best friend. There’s no dog paddling for these surf dogs. Canine counterparts are invited to hang 10 (errr, 20) for a great cause.
Last year, 47 brave surf dogs took to the waves and more than one thousand spectators gathered to watch the competition unfold. The event garnered national and international media attention, and this year’s event is expected to do the same. The 2008 Loews Surf Dog Competition schedule includes:
* 9:30 to 10:30 a.m. Optional surfing lessons by the Coronado Surfing Academy for less experienced canines eager to catch their first wave.
* 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Heat One and Heat Two: Surf Dogs. Dogs will be divided into two heats based on their weight.
* 12:30 to 1:30 p.m. Heat Three: Tandem Surfing for Dogs & Owners.
* 1:30 to 1:45 p.m. Furry fashion show with doggie couture. Visitors can update their pooches’ summer look with fashions presented by Lucky Dog Boutique.
* 1:45 to 2 p.m. Awards ceremony.
You just can’t beat it, great fun for a great cause! Since its inception two years ago, the competition raised more than $10,000. All proceeds will be donated by the resort to its Good Neighbor Partners: Modest Needs Foundation and PAWS of Coronado.
For more information, check out Loews Surf Dog!
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!