Some Quick 4th of July Dog Safety Tips
Here’s a few quick tips to keep your canine companion safe for the 4th of July;
- Make sure your dog has identification on it. Fireworks cause many dogs to panic and reports of lost and missing pets tend to escalate as dogs seek any way possible to escape from the sounds including jumping over or digging under fences, busting through doors or windows.
- Walk your dogs. Play with them. Get them tired.
- Keep all your pets inside the house, give them a ‘safe’ area.
- Turn on the radio or the television to mask the sound of fireworks.
- Don’t take your pets to any public celebrations. The events will be hot, crowded and fraught with odd smells and sounds and unpredictable behavior.
- Understand that the fact that a dog had no problems last year means nothing this year. As dogs get older, their ears are more sensitive, and dog’s hearing is already 10 times more sensitive than ours.
For more information on helping to keep your dog safe and stress-free as possible today, check out;
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!