The Dog’s Rules or The Dog Rules?
- Dogs are never permitted in the house.
- The dog stays out side in the specially built wooden compartment named for a very good reason, the dog house.
- Ok, the dog can enter the house but only for short visits or if his own house is under renovation.
- Ok, the dog can stay in the house on a permanent basis provided his doghouse could be sold in a garage sale to a rookie dog owner.
- Inside the house, the dog is not allowed to run free and is confined to a comfortable, but secure crate.
- Ok, the crate becomes part of a “two for one” deal in the garage sale and the dog can go wherever the hell he pleases.
- The dog is never allowed on the furniture.
- Ok, the dog can get up on the old furniture, but not the new furniture.
- Ok, the dog can get up on the new furniture until it looks like the old furniture and then we’ll sell the whole works, and buy new furniture on which the dog will most definitely not be allowed.
- The dog never sleeps on the bed. Period.
- Ok, the dog can sleep at the foot of the bed only.
- Ok, the dog can sleep along side you, but he is not allowed under the covers.
- Ok, the dog can sleep under the covers, but not with his head on your pillow.
- Ok, the dog can sleep along side you, under the covers with his head on your pillow, but if he snores, he’s got to leave the room.
- Ok, the dog can sleep and snore and fart and have nightmares in your bed, but he’s not to come in and sleep on the couch in the TV room, where you’re now sleeping. That’s just not fair.
- The dog never gets listed on the census questionnaires as “primary resident” even if it’s true.
Remember, in any and all house-hold interactions or disputes – THE DOG RULES! !
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!